Facebook is still going strong as the world’s #1 social media platform. With 1.65 billion daily active users, people are still very much engaged with this channel.
One of the challenges we’re faced with is the saturation in this space. That’s why today we’re hitting on some fundamentals to Facebook marketing in 2020.
To kick things off, you must have a Facebook business page that is set up correctly. Here are some things to look for:
- Make sure it is set up as a “business page” – https://www.facebook.com/pages/creation/
- Fill out as much information as you possibly can. The more detail you have filled out – the better off you are. See all about, info, description sections. Adding multiple photo albums are encouraged as well.
- Set your username to match other social profiles. This makes it easier to find you.
- Include a call to action button so it’s easier to convert business page visitors. Things such as “shop now” or “contact us” or “visit our website” are great options depending on the type of business you have.
From there, let’s consider the types of content that does the best on Facebook.
Facebook Photo Posts
According to Hootsuite, Facebook photo posts see much more engagement. That’s why it’s important you share images to help tell your business’s story. Some ideas on where to start:
- Meet the team: introduce all team members and leaders in the company, tell a short story about them
- Show off your product: whether you see an item or a service, show your audience what this looks like in real-time
- Get personal: it doesn’t always have to be so serious, share some personal things like your hobbies, favorite places to travel, family, etc… we suggest one out of every five posts can focus on personal subjects
- Be relevant: find current hot topics in the news that are related to what you do and talk on them, share social media holidays and/or share influencer/celebrity endorsements if applicable
Facebook Video Posts
Videos automatically play in the newsfeed, which makes them very eye-catching. With the right production quality and content subject matter, videos can be a huge asset to growing your social media presence.
Videos can be used to tell a story, promote a new product, or educating your audience.
Instagram and Facebook stories are now synced, and more than 500 million people view Facebook stories every single day.
Use stories for more detailed “behind the scenes” or “day in the life” content. Show services or procedures going on live, answer common questions, show what your staff is up to.
To better understand how Facebook can work for your business, we suggest getting active. Try different types of posts and see which ones do well. Use the free analytics tools to measure success. With the world’s most engaged and largest audience, you have so much opportunity to grow your business through the Facebook channel.
If you’re interested in hiring experts to handle your social media for you, connect with us and learn how to get started today!
To watch today’s Instagram Live, check out the video below: